While giveBIG St. Croix Valley all happens in 24 hours on April 30, your investment will have a long lasting impact in our communities. In the past five years alone giveBIG — Day of Giving, has raised more than $1.2 million for 71 nonprofits through giveBIG SCV. Donations help organizations with vital projects and programing that change lives.
Strong communities are created by individuals empowering one another. giveBIG St. Croix Valley gives each individual the chance to become a hero within our community by supporting their favorite causes. It’s a fun day (week and month) of giving excitement with donors, volunteers, board and staff all working together to help our neighbors with no cost services. Donations, large and small, all help our local community!
Operation Help Diaper Drive Open House Kickoff Event!
Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 9 AM – 12 PM
The Blaisers, 1034 Sommers St N. Hudson WI 54016
It’s that time of year again! The shelves are getting bare again so we are in need of diapers, wipes, pull ups, training pants, girls and boys underpants and socks!!! We are also open to take cash donations and you can order on amazon and have sent directly to my home!
We are going to do things a little different this year and make it a little more fun! I will be hosting a Social Hour on Saturday May 4th to kickoff the Diaper Drive. I am teaming with Thrivent who will be donating to the cause!
So please stop by for a coffee, juice and a sweet treat! We will be collecting donations on my porch all week if you can’t make the Kickoff event!
Free “Spending Plan” Classes
Get help with managing your money by attending one or more free classes offered by Operation HELP. You will learn how to create a spending plan, better understand your spending habits, steps needed to stay within your plan, and overall how to meet your financial goals. In addition, we offer a one-on-one review of your budget as needed or requested. Classes are one hour. The location of the Hudson classes will be determined soon.
Take control of your money, reduce your stress, and feel good about your finances! Call Operation HELP at 715-386-0881 to sign up or sign up below.
Mary Blanchard and Barb Van Loenen, Operation HELP board members, were interviewed last year by Jamie Johnson of the Western Wisconsin Journal to explain the services provided for our clients. Click HERE to watch this video.
Here is more info on the ALICE study:
- 42% of Wisconsin households can’t afford the basics of housing, food, health care, child care, and transportation, despite working.
- There are nearly 670,922 ALICE households in Wisconsin, more than double the official poverty rate. Together, with those in poverty, there are 960,131 households unable to make ends meet in Wisconsin.
- More than two-thirds of Wisconsin’s municipalities have more than 30 percent of households unable to afford life’s basic necessities.
- 65% of all jobs in Wisconsin pay less than $20 an hour and most pay less than $15 an hour. The jobs forecast shows low-paying jobs dominating the economy into the future.
- Despite working and receiving financial supports, ALICE reports a 21% gap in the income needed to be able to survive and afford the basics in WI.
Operation HELP received funding for a “Diaper Bank” for all residents of St. Croix County earlier this year. Once a month families in St. Croix County can come to the Operation HELP office and receive 80 – 100 diapers for each child.