Les Berg 5K Walk/Run Race on May 23, 2018
Sign up at raceentry.com or click here to print and mail in the registration form.
The Snowmobile club of Hudson, is alive and well after a great winter! A fundraiser was recently held at Uncle Mike’s Em-pour-i-um with a large portion of the proceeds donated to four local charities; Hudson Area Back Pack, Operation HELP, Fishing Has No Boundaries and Gi Gi’s Playhouse. Each received a $500 donation.
Back left to right: Aaron Ruhde (Fishing Has No Boundaries) Terry Tobin, Chris Kovacic Pete Lubich, Lance Hermann, Lisa Flanary (Gi-Gi’s Playhouse), Leah Chambers (Gi-Gi’s Playhouse), Front left to right: Lori Campbell (Operation HELP), Jeanne Schmidt (Hudson Area Back Pack), Marg Wopat (Hudson Area Back Pack), Jenna Elling (Gi-Gi’s Playhouse)
We sincerely thank our sponsors for your their participation and generous donation to our annual fundraiser. On behalf of our club with your help, we broaden the support of the local Hudson community.
Sponsors for the 2018 Hudson Snow trails Snowmobile club fundraiser were the following:
Tires pros, Pizza Hut, RJ Meats, Papa Murphy’s, Mike Standard BP Services, County Market, Carbone’s Pizza, Buffalo Wild Wings, Perkins Restaurant; Bakery, Hudson Bagel; Coffee Co., Culver’s, Chipotle, Green Mill, Old Southern BBQ smokehouse, Family fresh, Applebee’s, Northland Liquors, Hudson Liquor, Chicone’s Liquor Mart,YMCA, riverfront Athletic Club, NAPA Auto parts, AutoZone, Jersey Mike’s, LoLo American Kitchen and Craft Bar, Bernard’s of River Falls, Chuck N Don’s Pet Food and Supplies, Smashburger, Uncle Mike’s M-Pour-E-Yum, Jim Henry (Remax), Toni Velure, and Cindy’s Crafts.
Free Budget Classes
Get help with managing your money by attending one or more free classes offered by MidWestOne Bank and Operation HELP. You will learn how to create a budget, better understand your spending habits, steps needed to stay within your budget, and overall how to meet your financial goals. In addition, we offer one on one review of your budget as needed or requested. Classes are one hour and will be held at MidWestOne Bank, located at 404 Co Rd UU (corner of Vine and Carmichael) in Hudson. Take control of your money, reduce your stress, and feel good about your finances! Call Operation HELP at 715-386-0881 to sign up or sign up below.
Mary Blanchard and Barb Van Loenen, Operation HELP board members, were interviewed last year by Jamie Johnson of the Western Wisconsin Journal to explain the services provided for our clients. Click HERE to watch this video.
Here is more info on the ALICE study:
- 42% of Wisconsin households can’t afford the basics of housing, food, health care, child care, and transportation, despite working.
- There are nearly 670,922 ALICE households in Wisconsin, more than double the official poverty rate. Together, with those in poverty, there are 960,131 households unable to make ends meet in Wisconsin.
- More than two-thirds of Wisconsin’s municipalities have more than 30 percent of households unable to afford life’s basic necessities.
- 65% of all jobs in Wisconsin pay less than $20 an hour and most pay less than $15 an hour. The jobs forecast shows low-paying jobs dominating the economy into the future.
- Despite working and receiving financial supports, ALICE reports a 21% gap in the income needed to be able to survive and afford the basics in WI.
Operation HELP received funding for a “Diaper Bank” for all residents of St. Croix County earlier this year. Once a month families in St. Croix County can come to the Operation HELP office and receive 80 – 100 diapers for each child.