Give children in a struggling family a wonderful Christmas experience this year!
Christmas Campaign for Kids kicked off November 1st
Families can register now through November 22nd and sponsors can register for our annual
Christmas Campaign for Kids from now through December 1st.
Mary Blanchard and Barb Van Loenen, Operation HELP board members, were interviewed earlier this year by Jamie Johnson of the Western Wisconsin Journal to explain the services provided for our clients. Click HERE to watch this video.
Here is more info on the ALICE study:
- 42% of Wisconsin households can’t afford the basics of housing, food, health care, child care, and transportation, despite working.
- There are nearly 670,922 ALICE households in Wisconsin, more than double the official poverty rate. Together, with those in poverty, there are 960,131 households unable to make ends meet in Wisconsin.
- More than two-thirds of Wisconsin’s municipalities have more than 30 percent of households unable to afford life’s basic necessities.
- 65% of all jobs in Wisconsin pay less than $20 an hour and most pay less than $15 an hour. The jobs forecast shows low-paying jobs dominating the economy into the future.
- Despite working and receiving financial supports, ALICE reports a 21% gap in the income needed to be able to survive and afford the basics in WI.
Operation HELP received funding for a “Diaper Bank” for all residents of St. Croix County earlier this year. Once a month families in St. Croix County can come to the Operation HELP office and receive 80 – 100 diapers for each child.