4Dads Golf Event
Thank You, 4Dads! They are our heroes for organizing and leading the July 27th golf fundraiser that raised $5,000 for Operation HELP as well as money for school supplies. It was a great success with a high turnout of golfers enjoying the beautiful summer day as well as many hole events, door prizes, and a “silent to live” auction.
4Dads are a group of friends with the goal “to raise funds and volunteer hours in support of children and families in Hudson and surrounding communities, and to provide for their health, education, food, or other basic needs either directly or through other organizations that share the same mission”.
We also thank the following sponsors for the event:
- Croix Kidds Pediatric Dentistry (Executive Sponsor)
- The Mary Kay Tjader Family
- The Fink Family
- Thrivent Financial
- RBC Wealth Management
- Guinn, Vinopal & Zahradks, LLP Accountants
- M3 Insurance
- Goldfish Swimschool
- Clyde Alley Landscaping
- Strobel & Hanson, P.A. Attorneys At Law
- WESTconsin Credit Union
- Smitty’s Guide Service LLC
- AJ Nirmaier Art Design & Illustration
- NR Hockey
Gifts from individuals are the most critical and important source of funding for Operation HELP so we deeply appreciate everyone that donated their time and money. As Scott, one of the 4Dads, commented “Everyone involved should feel great knowing what we’re doing for our community!”
Make a difference as well as connections within your community by volunteering at the Hudson office. This is an opportunity to not only help families going through a difficult time, but also to connect with other, like-minded compassionate people.
Call 715-386-0881 with questions or to begin volunteering.
Thanks to the hard work by the board members over the past year, there is now a strategic plan that sets the stage for another 35 years of supporting struggling families in St. Croix County. This plan was needed to address the overwhelming increase in the number of clients served that has seen a growth of more than 110% in the past 6 years!
This plan includes significant investments and will allow Operation HELP to reach more families who need our services all across St. Croix County.
Free “Spending Plan” Classes
Get help with managing your money by attending one or more free classes offered by Operation HELP. You will learn how to create a spending plan, better understand your spending habits, steps needed to stay within your plan, and overall how to meet your financial goals. In addition, we offer a one-on-one review of your budget as needed or requested. Classes are one hour. The location of the Hudson classes will be determined soon.
Take control of your money, reduce your stress, and feel good about your finances! Call Operation HELP at 715-386-0881 to sign up or sign up below.
Mary Blanchard and Barb Van Loenen, Operation HELP board members, were interviewed last year by Jamie Johnson of the Western Wisconsin Journal to explain the services provided for our clients. Click HERE to watch this video.
Here is more info on the ALICE study:
- 42% of Wisconsin households can’t afford the basics of housing, food, health care, child care, and transportation, despite working.
- There are nearly 670,922 ALICE households in Wisconsin, more than double the official poverty rate. Together, with those in poverty, there are 960,131 households unable to make ends meet in Wisconsin.
- More than two-thirds of Wisconsin’s municipalities have more than 30 percent of households unable to afford life’s basic necessities.
- 65% of all jobs in Wisconsin pay less than $20 an hour and most pay less than $15 an hour. The jobs forecast shows low-paying jobs dominating the economy into the future.
- Despite working and receiving financial supports, ALICE reports a 21% gap in the income needed to be able to survive and afford the basics in WI.
Operation HELP received funding for a “Diaper Bank” for all residents of St. Croix County earlier this year. Once a month families in St. Croix County can come to the Operation HELP office and receive 80 – 100 diapers for each child.